- FUNDING FOR PROJECTS TO IMPROVE BLACK-LED ORGANIZATIONS
Rosie Awori - Local Journalism Inititative
The Supporting Black Canadian Communities Call for Proposals (CFP) provides capital assistance to Black organizations in Canada to build capacity to:
- better fulfill their missions
- better serve Black communities in Canada
Not-for-Profit organizations that are Black owned can apply for up to $100,000 for:
- equipment purchases for work or community spaces, and/or
- renovations or retrofits of existing workspaces or community spaces to improve their functionality
Organizations can apply only once for this CFP, for a maximum of $100,000.
This CFP will provide funding for:
- equipment purchases for work or community spaces, including:
- purchase of computers or tablets, desks, work furniture, software, telephone systems, boardroom tables, sound systems, smart boards, kitchen appliances, etc
- equipment to facilitate working virtually, and/or
- renovations or retrofits of existing workspaces or community spaces to improve their functionality, such as:
- painting an office or community meeting room
- increasing office space or improving lay-out
- renovating or commercializing community kitchens to meet local fire and building codes, by-Laws
- modernizing community program spaces, such as gyms
- updating outdoor play spaces to meet current safety standards, etc.
Application deadline is on July 27, 2020 at 3:00 pm Eastern daylight time (EDT).
Share this news
Copyright 2023 © QCNA. All rights reserved.