The Quebec Community Newspapers Association (QCNA/AJRQ) is seeking a mid-career Revenue Development Officer to manage and support the English-language community media of Quebec with grant application support, as well as sourcing novel revenue generating models that will help sustain the minority language community media in Quebec. We are seeking a professional with a successful track record in grant writing for Federal and/or Provincial grants. Bilingualism is essential.
WHO IS QCNA?
Since 1980, The Quebec Community Newspapers Association is dedicated to the professional and economic development of English community newspapers and their enterprises serving minority communities in Quebec. Recognized as the official representative of Quebec's official language community newspapers by the federal and provincial governments, the public, and by the vast majority of Quebec's community press whether independent, corporate, or not for profit, the QCNA is as unique as the members it serves.
Duties would include:
- Developing the capacity of English community media in Quebec (newspapers both print and online, and radios) to fully benefit from funding initiatives from all levels of government.
- Perform a continuous watch of all programs and funding opportunities for community media and relay ongoing information to targeted newspapers and radios.
- Provide targeted support and training to English community media representatives towards successful grant proposal writing and relevant project planning.
- Build a database of vetted external consultants and experts in various fields to support OL community media.
- Perform a survey to identify the needs of English community media and develop an action plan.
- Develop an online communication tool to disseminate information.
- Deliver training sessions and give one-on-one support to targeted media.
- Perform extensive research and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all potential funding opportunities for minority-language community media in Quebec.
- Support QCNA with annual core program funding, grant writing and reporting.
- Research novel revenue-generating models that will help sustain the sector (from marketing and advertising, to contests and events, and beyond.)
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and self-disciplined, has excellent communication skills, can work independently but is team-oriented, and is dedicated to contributing to the growth of the English language community media sector in Quebec. Preference will be made to those who are bilingual and have a track record in applying for government grants.
The QCNA office is located in Gatineau, Quebec.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com