The Quebec Community Newspapers Association (QCNA/AJRQ) is seeking a full-time Program and Office Administrator to manage the day-to-day business of running the office, basic bookkeeping and coordination between the QCNA accountant, coordinating various programs and events such as the Annual General Meeting and the Better Newspapers Contest. The Program and Office Administrator will also oversee the Local Journalism Initiative program, following up on applications and contracts, and oversee article submissions and adherence to guidelines and deadlines.
WHO IS THE QCNA?
Since 1980, the Quebec Community Newspapers Association has been dedicated to the professional and economic development of English community newspapers and their enterprises serving minority communities in Quebec. Recognized as the official representative of Quebec's official language community newspapers by the federal and provincial governments, the public, and by the vast majority of Quebec's community press whether independent, corporate, or not for profit, the QCNA is as unique as the members it serves.
Duties would include:
- Overseeing the Local Journalism Initiative Program (LJI)
- Helping journalists and recipients navigate the Portal access, including the reporting process
- Complete all reporting with appropriate documentation to be approved by the Executive Director
- Manage QCNA’s Google Drive shared data storage and update paper files
- Coordinate with judges and contestants for the Better Newspaper Contest
- Improve the operations of the Better Newspaper Contest
- Coordinate the Annual General Meeting including webinars and guests
- Assist in event preparation
- Handle monthly bills and payments to newspapers
- Answer phone and email enquiries and help with other office duties as needed
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and self-disciplined, has excellent communication skills, can work independently but is team-oriented, and is dedicated to contributing to the growth of the English language community media sector in Quebec.
A solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive and Gmail, Zoom or other conference software and basic social media is required. Experience with Quickbooks Online is required, but if candidate does not have experience, they must agree to be trained in this software.
The QCNA office is located in Gatineau, Quebec.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org